|I'm very happy to announce that the F-SIM Space Shuttle update to version 1.6 has just been approved by Apple and should be available on the AppStore within the next 24 hours.|
Thank you very much for your interest in F-SIM Space Shuttle, I hope you'll like this update as much as we do!
Special thanks to the test pilots: François Gilbert, Stefan Lhotka, Gale Wells, George Winnard and Mark Zastrow.
What's new in version 1.6:
• Universal build, runs on any iOS device and supports multitasking where available.
• Full retina display support (iPhone 4 and 4th generation iPod touch): The 3D graphics run at 960x640 pixel, and we've also updated every bitmap used in menus and the satellite map with new hi-res versions.
• Full iPad support: The 3D graphics run at 1024x768 pixel, and we've redesigned every single menu to take advantage of the large screen.
• A new virtual cockpit: You can look around, zoom and even move. Drag or pinch with 1, 2 or 3 fingers to pan, zoom and move respectively. Double-tap with 1, 2 or 3 fingers to reset.
• A newly designed, even more realistic 3D head-up-display*.
• New options to fine-tune the accelerometer sensitivity.
• Easier for beginners: Even crash landings get a non-zero score now, and there's a new "hard landing" category between "safe" and "crash landings”. It still takes nothing short of perfection to perform a "perfect landing" though ;-)
• GameCenter is now integrated, with 5 different leaderboards and 15 achievements.
• GameCenter and OpenFeint now support time scoped leaderboards.
• GameCenter can be turned off in the settings menu.
• New leaderboards for consecutive safe, good and perfect landings.
• A new statistics screen, tracking the number of flights, sucessful landings, total flight time and more.
• Landing analysis now includes approach precision (groundtrack and glideslope). This is also reflected in the score.
• Fixed a bug in the guidance I_PHASE transition from HDG to PRFNL. It's much smoother now and also works on the minimum-entrypoint (MEP) HACs.
• The autopilot (autoland-demo) can now perform a full approach (depending on whether new flight is set to full or final approach).
We've been working on the external views and the replay option, but unfortunately these features didn't make it into this release. Both of these features are planned for the next major update (version 1.8).
The update is - as always - free of charge. If you like version 1.6, please don't forget to rate it!
Thanks a lot!