|With some delay, version 1.4.2 is finally ready for download.|
The price is still $1.99, updates are as always FREE.
So, what's new in this version?
- First of all, F-SIM now features OpenFeint with online leaderboards (you get a numerical score now in the landing analysis) and 15 achievements (2 of them are secret).
- Then there's full manual control over the rudder/speedbrake, the wheelbrakes, gear and chute. This is optional, you can still let the autopilot control all that and focus on pitch/roll control.
- System failures simulate a stuck speedbrake, low NAV accuracy, HUD/guidance outages or hydraulics failures.
- Full autoland capability. This is currently limited to a final approach, but I plan to improve it to support full approaches and bad weather (wind and turbulence) too.
- A crosswind component greater than 10 kts now triggers late chute deploy
- Auto-Speedbrake now opens the speedbrake after weight on wheels (and not like in previous versions after weight on nose gear), which makes derotating a bit easier.
- You can use "pedals" for nosewheel steering and differential braking now (this is optional too).
- Quick flight and "randomize" have been improved to generate more varying approaches than before
- HAC turn angle is displayed in the map now
- An updated manual, covering the new features and an F.A.Q. section
External view and replays are on top of the to-do list now and should be part of the next major update.
Special thanks go to Francois Gilbert (frankynov), George Winnard (desktopsimmer) and Mark Zastrow (alshain), who did a terrific job in beta-testing this version. Thanks a lot!
OK, enjoy the update, I hope you like it!
If so, please don't forget to rate it on the AppStore.
Feedback is, as always, highly appreciated.