|Here's a list of some features that are likely to appear in one of the next versions:|
- More sophisticated landing analysis: With some graphs.
- Some statistics: Total flight time, number of successful landings, etc.
- A hall of fame: Ranks, astronaut pins and badges to earn, with an internet "hall of fame"
- External view: An external view of the orbiter, so you can watch it from a chase plane or a ground based tracking camera while flying.
- Replays: This is related to the external view mentioned above. It would enable watching landing replays like the ones shown on NASA TV.
- Emergency situations: A stuck open speedbrake, navigation errors, etc.
- A mission archive: Information about past STS missions, with an option to land under exactly the same conditions (site, HAC, weather, time).
- New landing sites: Both regular shuttle landing sites are already included, but I'm thinking about adding one or two emergency landing sites too. Wouldn't it be cool to be able to land the orbiter on a large civilian airport? Or perhaps white sands or one of the lakebed runways on Edwards.
Note: Replays and external views are the two most wanted features. They are high on my to-do list but also require a lot of time to implement. I'm working on it and they'll definitely make it into one of the next versions.
Already implemented in version 1.2:
- Configurable day of time: Night landings...
- More weather options: Clouds layers.