|We are currently in the middle of beta testing the new version (1.6), to be released real soon now.|
If no new bugs pop up the only thing left to do is to finish the work on the 3D virtual cockpit.
Here's a definitive list of new features for version 1.6:
- Full retina display support on the iPhone 4. Not only does the 3D viewport now utilize the iPhone4's native resolution of 960x640 pixel, I've also updated every bitmap used in menus and the satellite map with new hi-res versions.
- Full iPad support. When running on the iPad, F-SIM now takes advantage of the iPad's bigger screen. The 3D graphics run at 1024x768 pixel, and I've redesigned every single menu to take advantage of the large screen.
- GameCenter is now integrated.
- GameCenter and OpenFeint now support time scoped leaderboards.
- New leaderboards for consecutive safe, good and perfect landings.
- Even crash landings get a non-zero score now, and there's a new category "hard landing" between a "safe" and a "crash-" landing.
- Landing analysis now includes approach (groundtrack and glideslope) precision. This is also reflected in the score.
- Fixed a bug in the guidance transitioning from the HAC to PRE-FINAL. It's much smoother now and also works on the minimum-entrypoint (MEP) HACs.
- Autopilot (autoland-demo) can now perform a full approach.
- A new virtual cockpit. You can turn your head and look around, zoom and even move the head.
- Newly designed 3D head-up-display.
- A new statistics screen.
Since a new release is overdue, the external views and replays won't make it into this release. They'll be part of the upcoming 1.8 update.