Version 2.8 has been released

News, announcements, background information and talk about development related stuff and things we're working on. Feedback is appreciated.

Moderators: blackbird1955, frankynov, desktopsimmer, Elefant

Version 2.8 has been released

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:00 pm

F-Sim Space Shuttle version 2.8 is ready.

You can now record and save your replays¹. They are rendered to video in HD (up to 1080p²) and saved in your camera roll. From there you can upload them to YouTube, send them via e-mail, or import them into other apps (e.g. iMove for post-processing).

¹ requires iOS 5 or newer
² record in HD on iPhone 4S or later, 5th generation iPod touch, and iPad 2 or later
Sascha
Site Admin

Re: Version 2.8 has been released

UNREAD_POSTby Tor-DK » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:30 pm

Hello Sascha,
Great update!! Thank you. Made me rediscover this awesome sim. I see that making any hope to be in the leaderboard is now gone, since I last played. :D

Two suggestions for the replay feature.

1) Add option to put in landing stats, either as an overlay or a sceenshot for the last 3-4 seconds of the video.

2) Make a delay in chute release after the voice message "ditch the chute" of 0.5 - 1 sec. At the moment it looks like the chute has already been released, before the command is given.

These are MINOR details it's 99.999% perfect, just to add that 0.001% :lol:

Again thank you for all you work on this sim!

Tor
Tor-DK

UNREAD_POSTby Tor-DK » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:16 pm

Regarding 2) He definitely ditches the chute too early! Put it through iMovie to show what I mean:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcYo9i_t ... e=youtu.be

:-D
Tor-DK

UNREAD_POSTby Tor-DK » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:13 pm

...the above was made because I had iMovie open anyway. This was the real reason:

Final approach replay (with added statistics screenshot in the end, and "ditch the chute" played 1.5 sec earlier).

Haven't played the sim in about a year. I still got it! :D Guess that score would have been top 25 a year ago, now it's 249th place!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx6ApcEAQ2I
Tor-DK

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi Tor-DK, long time no see!

Nice score.

He definitely ditches the chute too early!

Yes, this was my mistake. When first listening to the audio I thought he said something like “that’s the chute”, but of course you’re right, it is “ditch the chute” and should be played back before jettisoning the chute. I’ll fix that.

Guess that score would have been top 25 a year ago, now it's 249th place!!!

I agree, plenty of great pilots out there. A pity that they canceled the shuttle program, we could have trained the next generation of shuttle commanders :D
Sascha
Site Admin

Return to Developer's blog